Sunday, April 4, 2010

Warm weather and Easter

I love this weather!  The weekend was perfect!  It was just the right temperature outside.  Friday night we went out to eat to celebrate my sis-in-law's birthday which is tomorrow.  At dinner Mom started getting sick with the stomach virus, poor thing.  She took care of the sick all week so I guess it was inevitable.  Anyway, yesterday I just spent the day out and about whatever I wanted.  Actually I spent almost 3 hours at the nail place getting my nails and toes done.  I keep my nails done and this time of year my toes too but what in the world possessed me to wait until Saturday (the day before Easter) to go and do it.  It was worth it though because they look great!  We had Church last night and it was a good service. Today was great too!  It seems like it has been so long since we had beautiful weather on Easter Sunday.  We had Sunday School, then Church, and then the egg hunt.  It's so fun to see the kids all dressed up.  The service was great and I'm so thankful that God is blessing us at Jock.  I have to admit that I was a bit said because usually we have dinner at Mamaw and Papaw's after Church on Easter but with Tommy in the hospital and then everybody going their different ways we ended up eating at Cheddar's.  It was still a nice lunch and it gave me more time to see my sweet nephews who are growing like weeds.  Colin will be 4 months old on Friday.  This afternoon I drove back up to Ed. Co. to visit Trav, Jess, Noah, and Lilly Grace.  I had a good time visiting and watching the kids play, fight, etc.  I can't wait until Annie (Ann Elizabeth) who is being named partially after yours truly gets here to join the crew.  Okay well I've gone on and on long enough.  Time for bed.  Hope you all have a GREAT week.


2 comments:

  1. I'm with you on loving this good weather! Oh and the nail thing - Carol and I went three places Friday night trying to get ours done had no luck!

    I'm glad you were able to spend time with Jessica and her family today. I know it was hard on them with her dad in the hospital.

    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was glad to get to visit with you too! Maybe when things calm down a little we can get together. Love you and glad you had a good Easter.

    ReplyDelete