Saturday, April 10, 2010

Spoiled

Okay so I know that this post may sound pathetic but I can't use my Iphone right now and it's driving me nuts!  Let me tell the entire story first . . . Today I woke up to a phone call about 7:30 a.m. and it was my precious nephew Conner.  "Bef, do you wanna doe (go) to the zoo wif (with) me?"  Aww, heart melting!  So, we (Nick, Brooke, Conner, Colin, Mom, John, & I) head to the Louisville Zoo.  It was a beautiful day and we had SO much fun. We got to Louisville around 12:30 our time and after getting a bit turned around (b/c Nick didn't need to stop for directions) we made it to the zoo around 1:00.  There was a very long line but it moved fast.  We stayed until they closed and saw just about everything there was to see except the elephants, by the time we got to them I guess they were tired and had gone inside their building.  So, we get back in the vehicle heading to Elizabethtown to eat and all of a sudden my Iphone locks up.  It wouldn't do anything so I tried to turn it off, wouldn't do that either.  To shorten the story a bit I ended up pulling the sim card out accidently and it dropped into the floor of Nick's pathfinder.  Now, me and Conner were in the third row back seat and it fell back there.  We finally got to Elizabethtown and stopped at Tumbleweed for supper and I just knew that we would find the card.  NOPE!  We looked everywhere, under the seats, behind the seats, even in the front where it could not have gotten to unless it sprouted legs.  We looked and looked and looked some more.  Okay, so I guess that somehow it has broken free of the vehicle =)  I was so upset . . . b/c I thought I lost all of my contact #'s, pictures, etc.  We got inside the restaurant and sat down and I started crying.  PATHETIC!  Nick was like "You are crazy! Crying over a sim card." That made me cry harder.  Now, seriously I know that is stupid but I'm chalking it up to tiredness  =)  So after we ordered our food, I used John's phone and called Apple.  The little guy that answered the phone told me how to reset it and gave me the good news that with an Iphone absolutely nothing is on the sim card.  All of my contacts and pictures etc. are still there.  I just can't use it right now for calls or texts.  Luckily our At&t store here in BG is open on Sundays so I will definitely be there tomorrow after Sunday School.  See . . .  I told you that it was pathetic.  Again, we had a great day at the Zoo and it felt really good to experience that with the boys and eventhough Colin doesn't remember it is still a special memory.  Hope you all are having a great weekend!


1 comment:

  1. Wow! I am amazed that it wasn't all on the SIM card! Don't be so hard on yourself - we all have those moments!

    ReplyDelete