Thursday, March 18, 2010

Teeth, dogs, and work oh my . . .

Okay so I work for the BEST Dentist(s) anywhere!  No, really I do.  I have had a problem with one of my teeth and I had a Root Canal and a Crown in '08, a re-treat Root Canal in '09 and now that same tooth has fractured.  The problem is not because of anything that was done by Dr. Jackson it just happened.  So, today I went to the office and had the pesky thing pulled.  Now, I have to wait three months to have an implant placed and then 5 months to have an implant crown put on it.  So . . . no big deal.  I have never been afraid or had problems at the Dentist (lucky me).  I know that the fear and dread is normal for A LOT of people and again I work for the BEST so we take great care of patients.  I get my tooth pulled, no big deal.  I go by Steak 'n Shake and get a milk-shake since my diet has to be soft today.  I go home to "rest" before I have to be back at work at 1:00, but as soon as I get home I realize that there is a problem.  My roommate has a dog, a fairly big dog.  He stays in the bathroom that it's in her bedroom while we are gone.  Now since it is about 10:00 I know that there shouldn't be any water running because Jenny and Grace (her little girl) are gone.  I go down the hall and into her bedroom and there is water running out from under the bathroom door.  I panic!  I open the door and Hank (the dog) is soaking wet and the line that runs from the toilet to the wall is spraying and I mean spraying water EVERYWHERE!  Did I mention that I am have started to panic??  Now keep in mind that I am  numb and have gauze in my mouth.  I put Hank in his crate and call my Stepdad to see what to do.  He calmly asks, "Did you turn the water off?"  Now why didn't I think of that?  So I put my Iphone down far away from the water and reach over behind the toilet (getting soaked the whole time) and turn the valve off.  Crisis sort of averted.  So, I tell my Stepdad thanks and get off the phone.  I clean up water and more water and more water . . . start a load of wet towels and rugs and oh yeah eat part of my milkshake.  Now do I get to rest?? Nope, not quite.  I have to update my blog! =)  Anyway, the numbness is starting to go away and I have taken my Tylenol/Advil cocktail so maybe I can rest just a bit before going in to work.  Thank goodness we don't have any patients in the office tomorrow, I need to take it easy.  Hope you all are doing well. 

Love ya,



1 comment:

  1. This cracks me up because you know it sounds just like something that would happen to me EXCEPT I would have two kids running through the water and then somebody would probably get electrocuted! Love you!

    ReplyDelete