Thursday, June 10, 2010

There's a first time for everything . . .

Okay so I was off from work all last week and I loved it!  I really didn't have a schedule at all and I just did whatever I wanted to but honestly the week flew by.  I had lunch with a friend that I hadn't seen for a while.  Mostly, I spent time with my best friend (Sarah) who was 9 months pregnant, helping her get ready for baby #5.  Yes I said #5.  So anyway I just knew that since her due date was June 13th and that this is her 5th baby that my week off would surely be when she would go.  So I waited and waited and waited . . . every time she called (if we weren't together) I just knew that it was "the call."  Sunday night came and still no baby.  So, she goes to the Doctor on Tuesday and decided to schedule to be induced yesterday.  I took the day off so I could be there.  So . . . we were sitting back in L&D and she had gotten her epidural, the contractions were off the charts but she was happy as could be.  At some point the nurse was in there and Sarah asked how many people could be in there during delivery.  The nurse answered three and Sarah looked at me and said "Do you want to stay?" I was surprised, excited, nervous, and honored.  Her Mom is always in there and ofcourse her hubby and then me this time.  I have to say that I expected more drama but due to the epidural (I guess) she didn't make a peep, it was all very calm and quiet.  They broke her water at 8:45 a.m. and Miss Amelia Josephine Boucher made her appearance at 10:45 a.m.  I cried!! It was so sweet.  If I knew how to post pics on this blog I would do it and show you this big baby girl, she weighed 9lbs. 13oz. and is 21 inches long.  Maybe I'll figure out the picture thing one day . . .

All for now.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a great experience! Glad you were able to be there with her :)

    ReplyDelete