Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Single and Frustrated

Okay so let me start by saying that this is a venting post.  I know by reading other people's posts that a blog is often used to vent. (i.e. Jessica's Wal-mart trip)  So, today I am venting about being single.  Since most of you all are married, I'm sure that at one point you felt some of these feelings, maybe not.  My first gripe is this, how is it that some women (girls) always have a boyfriend?  They go from one right on to another.  It seems that there is a constant flow of men for them.  Now yes I know that most likely those men aren't worth keeping or she isn't worth having.  My second gripe, how hard is it to be honest?  Seriously, I won't kill over and die if you tell me that you aren't interested.  I hate to be lied to, just tell me the DANG truth.  Thirdly, I go through the "what's wrong with me?" list.  Am I to fat, un-attractive, boring, etc.  Then if by chance I do meet someone, he almost always has baggage (i.e. an ex-wife, children, both)  It never fails  . . . okay so on the other hand I know that I would rather be single than in a horrible marriage.  I see women all of the time that are trapped with a husband and sometimes children and have no way out.  Whenever I talk about this issue with my married friends, they all say to just take my time and be patient.  Well, let me just tell ya this.  My gift is not patience, I hate that it's not b/c I can see where that would be extremely useful in many of lifes lessons.  Okay, so I know that this issue is small beans in comparison to many problems that I read about on blogs or in the news but I wanted to share because it makes me feel better to vent.  One last example for your entertainment.  I have been "talking" to this guy off and on for a few months.  I like him but something (probably my woman's intuition) told me that things were a bit off.  So I get up the nerve to ask him and he says that he's "kind of" dating someone!!! What?!!? How can you be "kind of" dating someone and not bother to mention it? Seriously!  ARGH!!


3 comments:

  1. Beth,
    You are a precious person with a GREAT heart! I am praying that God will send you a good man that has the same morals and characteristics as you! Hang in there sweet girl! XOXOXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beth, I'm so sorry you have these trials in your life. My sister didn't find "the one" until she was 35, but now she is married to her soulmate and has a beautiful baby to boot! Hang in there. Mr. Right is out there somewhere! You are so much fun, and you deserve the very best!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry to hear about your frustrations! I'll bet you'll find Mr. Right when you are least expecting him!

    ReplyDelete