Saturday, February 13, 2010

Valentine's Eve

Hello friends!  So, it's Valentine's Eve and since I don't have a special guy in my life right now I've decided to write about other special "Valetine's" that I do have.  First of all, there is my Mom.  Now I realize that all women can not say that they have a good relationship or any relationship with their Mother so I know that I am truly blessed. Now don't get me wrong, we have had our struggles, I'm sure Mom would say that "stuggle" is putting it mildly. When I was younger there were times that I didn't think that she understood me or loved me or could see where I was coming from.  Now that I'm older, I can not imagine if she hadn't been in my life. She has loved me, prayed for me, cried with me, encouraged me, and been there for me through some very tough times.  She has sacrificed herself time after time for my happiness and well-being.  Then there is my step-dad, John.  They have been married almost 18 years, no doubt it was hard for him to take on an extra teenager and child (I was 14 and Nick was 11).  He has always loved me, supported me, taken care of me, helped fix my cars, helped me buy cars, been my Mr. Fix-it, and to many other things to count.  Then there are my brothers, just like any other siblings we have fought and not always seen eye to eye. Now that we are all three adults, I think we can see what's important in life are people not things.  Then there is extended family, my Grandparents, Aunts, Uncles, Cousins, Cousins-in-laws, etc. are the best!  Jess and I laugh about it all the time but we KNOW that our family is the greatest!  Now when we are all together it is loud and at times chaotic but we all truly love being together and I wouldn't trade those times for any amount of money in the world.  Then there is my sister-in-law whom I love very much and enjoy spending time with because I need an extra girl on my side!  She has brought the two sweetest boys into my life and made me an official Aunt.  And last but definitely not least are my girlfriends,  they have laughed with me (or at me), let me cry, and supported me when I didn't know what to do.  So overall, even though these "Valentine's" may not be the conventional type, I have so many people that I love and who love me that I realize that this holiday means a lot more than I give it credit for.  Happy Valentine's Day everybody!  I love you.

3 comments:

  1. So sweet Beth! You DO have a lot of special Valentine's in your life! I don't know them all but of your extended family that I know, I think the world of them!

    It's hard to imagine how lonely it must be for people to go through life without the closeness of family and the benefits of good friends. I am so thankful that I was placed just where I was and into that family that I'm part of. Thanks for reminding of that today! :) Happy Valentine's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Valentines Day and I am so glad we are friends, you are one of the most thoughtful people I know. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this post! You are wonderful and we love you, Beth!

    ReplyDelete